Due to the success of the programme, Purapura Whetu are excited to bring back Awesome Whanau for Term 4! This term we are offering an evening course held over 6 weeks (1 evening per week) and a daytime intensive course.
What is Awesome Whanau?
Awesome Whanau is a fun, innovative parenting course developed by Toolbox Parenting groups combining the Maori ways of being, doing and knowing and the best of Toolbox. The 6-session course is packed full of practical ideas and positive stories to help guide you on your parenting journey. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whānau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build your awesome whānau.
What’s covered in the sessions?
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof!– protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool kōrero! – communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – living in the big wide world
How to sign up?
If you are already a Purapura Whetu client, talk to your support worker about attending the Awesome Whanau course.
If you are not a client of Purapura Whetu but are interested in attending the Awesome Whanau course, please contact one of the facilitators below for more information.
Daytime course: Please contact Aroha on 0220596305
Evening course: Please contact Yvette on 0220430258
Daytime Course – Phillipstown Hub Room 3
Whanaugatanga/Meet and greet Session: Nov 3rd – 11am-1pm
Come along to meet the facilitators and hear about the programme, if you are interested in completing the programme you can also fill out the registration forms on this day.
- Session 1 & 2: Nov 10th – 10am-2:30pm
- Session 3 & 4: Nov 24th – 10am-2:30pm
- Session 5 & 6: Dec 1st – 10am-2:30pm
Evening Course – Phillipstown Hub Room 3, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Session 1: Nov 1st
- Session 2: Nov 8th
- Session 3: Nov 15th
- Session 4: Nov 22nd
- Session 5: Nov 29th
- Session 6: Dec 6th
Please note spaces are limited
Click here to download the referral and subsidy forms