Below you will find information on all of the exciting day activities we have lined up for Term 2.
Challenge yourself to try something new!
If you are interested in attending day activities please go to Our Services page for more information on eligibility criteria.
These are the programmes running this term starting 30th April 2018 for 10 weeks
Learning harvesting, preparation and making of flowers and baskets using harakeke/flax.
- Facilitator – Toni Rowe
- When – Mondays 9:30am-12:30pm
- Venue – Phillipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road, Room 3
- Pick-ups provided
Water aerobics or swimming for a fitter healthier body.
- When – Mondays 1pm-3pm
- Venue – Graham Condon Pool
- 33 Sisson Drive, Papanui
- Transport from Phillipstown Hub and drop offs provided
Learning to make beautiful creations with small pieces of stone, tile, glass. All tools and materials supplied.
- Facilitator – Pam
- When – Tuesdays 10am-12pm
- Venue – Phillipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road
- Drop offs provided
After school homework support with Purapura Whetu Staff. Each session will offer tutoring with Purapura Whetu staff that have their own individual expertise in certain subjects.
- Facilitator – Purapura Whetu Staff
- When – Tuesday 3:30pm – 5pm
- Venue – Philipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road, Room 3
- Pick-ups to be coordinated with Purapura Whetu staff, drop offs provided.
- OPEN TO PURAPURA WHETU CLIENTS ONLY
A low impact exercise group. The group will be walking various walking tracks in the Christchurch region, some tracks will be more difficult than others.
- When – Thursdays 11am-12pm
- Venue – various tracks around Christchurch
- Transport available from/back to Phillipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road
- Transport leaves Phillipstown Hub at 12:40pm
Creating carved pieces from Omaru stone. Learn about the tools and the different techniques used when carving. This programme will run in 2 x 4-week blocks. 4 participants in each block.
- When – Wednesdays from 10am -12pm
- Facilitator – Raphael Stowers
- Venue – Crossroads Trust, 47 Hampshire Street
- Pick-ups and drop offs provided
TIRA WHETU (Youth/ Rangitahi Group)
A rangatahi group that come together each week to participate in a range of activities to gain a sense of whanaungatanga.
- Closed to Purapura Whetu clients ONLY.
- Venue – Various locations
- Transport available from Phillipstown Hub (39 Nursery Road), drop offs provided
- Pick-ups to be coordinated with PW staff
- Time – 3:00-5:00pm
- 10 spaces available – Ages 13-18 years
Adventure therapy programme in collaboration with Adventure Specialties Trust. The programme will be delivered by trained professionals and each session will have a theme connected to it (e.g. Surf kayaking = Comfort Zones).
- All day programme on Wednesdays
- Head instructor – Josh Geddes
- Venue – Various locations
- Transport Provided
VOLUNTEERING (0800 HUNGRY)
Packing food parcels for the community. Our most popular activity!
- When – Thursdays from 10am-2pm
- Venue – 0800 Hungry Ferrymead
- Transport available from and to Phillipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road
Unique Yoga Classes with the incorporation of Te Reo Maori
- Instructor – Letesha Hallet
- When – Fridays 1pm-2pm
- Venue – Yoga Warriors, 166 St. Asaph Street
- Transport available from Phillipstown Hub, 39 Nursery Road, drop offs provided
BUILDING AWESOME WHANAU (daytime course)
Positive parenting courses.
Our staff deliver an innovative, fun and accessible programme that shares tools to guide parents through the parenting journey. This daytime programme will be run over 4 weeks with 2 sessions completed each Friday.
- Facilitators – Aroha Wetere and Alice Tickell
- When – Fridays 11am – 2pm
- Venue – Phillipstown Hub
- 39 Nursery Road (Room 3)
Start date – May 11th
For more information about any of these activities please contact the Coordinator Rachel, Email email@example.com Mobile (022)0103358 Office (03)3798001 Facebook – “Rachel Purapura Whetu”