Please check this page regularly, as information may change.
Last update: 9:55pm 11.05.2021
Important messages for those accessing Purapura Whetu services:
- Canterbury is at Alert Level 1. Purapura Whetu is currently operating all services, with additional health and safety measures in place.
- If you or a household family member show any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (a new or worsening cough, a fever of at least 38°C, shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing and runny nose, temporary loss of smell), please do not attend our programmes - stay at home and seek medical attention.
- Please maintain a safe distance from people you don't know while out and about, and continue to wash your hands regularly - soap and hand sanitiser is available at our sites and programmes.
- To assist with contact tracing, please follow procedures for signing in and out of our sites and programmes.
- We are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our helpline 0800 4 WHETU.
- For further information, please visit the Ministry of Health website, which is the official channel for COVID-19 communications.
- If you are unwell and think you may have COVID-19, please call your GP or the dedicated Healthline number 0800 358 5453.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is important that you ring ahead of any visit to the doctor if you think you might have COVID-19, to tell them about your personal situation/symptoms. This way, your doctor can put plans in place to manage your visit.
- COVID-19 updates and resources are available in Te Reo Māori.
We are keeping well informed and up to date of further requirements through the Ministry of Health and Canterbury District Health Board, and will notify you if there are any changes to our services.