Please check this page regularly, as information may change.
Last update: 9:31pm 14.08.2020
Important messages for those accessing Purapura Whetu services:
- Effective 12pm Wednesday 12th August 2020, Canterbury moved to alert Level 2. At this stage, Purapura Whetu will continue operating all services, with additional health and safety measures in place.
- If you or a household family member show any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, high temperature of at least 38°C, shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing and runny nose, temporary loss of smell), please do not attend our programmes - stay at home and seek medical attention.
- All of our staff have been briefed on Level 2 procedures, including contact tracing, social distancing and hygiene practices for all of our programmes and services. They will brief and remind you of these procedures as required, please follow their instructions.
- To assist with contact tracing, please follow procedures for signing in and out of our sites and programmes. Please let a staff member know if you have visited Auckland in the last 14 days.
- Please maintain social distancing rules of 1 metre at work and 2 metres in public.
- Please wash your hands regularly - soap and hand sanitiser is available at our sites and programmes.
- We are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our helpline 0800 4 WHETU.
- For further information, please visit the Ministry of Health website, which is the official channel for COVID-19 communications.
- If you are unwell and think you may have COVID-19, or to register self-isolation after returning from overseas, please call the dedicated Healthline number 0800 358 5453.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is important that you ring ahead of any visit to the doctor if you think you might have COVID-19, to tell them about your personal situation/symptoms. This way, your doctor can put plans in place to manage your visit.
- COVID-19 updates and resources are available in Te Reo Māori.
We are keeping well informed and up to date of further requirements through the Ministry of Health and Canterbury District Health Board, and will notify you if there are any changes to our services.