Please check this page regularly, as information may change.
Last update: 9:18pm 07.09.2021
ALERT LEVEL 2 - What you need to know
Effective 11:59pm Tuesday 7th September 2021, Canterbury will be at Alert Level 2.
Purapura Whetu will continue to operate under Level 2 as below.
- Our sites at 166 St Asaph Street and the Phillipstown Community Hub will re-open.
- Most staff will return to work at our sites and some staff will continue to work remotely.
- All group programmes and face to face sessions remain cancelled for now, unless we notify you otherwise. These will be reintroduced gradually, so check back for updates!
- Staff will continue to support clients via phone and video calling.
- We will offer face to face support in some circumstances and will discuss this with you where applicable.
- We are still accepting new referrals.
- Our free helpline 0800 4 WHETU is available Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Please find below a list of other support services you may find helpful during this time.
If you visit our sites, please follow these guidelines.
- Stay at home if you are unwell and get advice from your GP or Healthline about having a test.
- Scan in and sign in and out of our sites.
- Wear a face covering.
- Keep 2 metres apart from others.
- Practice good hygiene - wash your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Māui Clinic @ South City
COVID-19 Vaccine Centre
To make a booking for you and your whānau to be vaccinated against COVID-19, book online at:
The clinic is located in South City Shopping Centre, Shop 15, 555 Colombo Street, Christchurch.
Māui Clinic @ South City is a collaboration between Purapura Whetu, He Waka Tapu and the CDHB (Canterbury District Health Board).