Please check this page regularly, as information may change.
Last update: 12:46pm 15.03.2022
What you need to know
Purapura Whetu continues to operate under as below:
- We are accepting new referrals.
- Our sites at 166 St Asaph Street and the Phillipstown Community Hub are open, as well as our Māui Clinic.
- Some group programmes and face to face sessions have been modified or remain cancelled until further notice. Please check back for updates.
- Our staff can support whānau via face to face, phone, and video calling.
- Our free helpline 0800 4 WHETU is available Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you visit our sites, please follow these guidelines:
- Stay at home if you are unwell and get advice from your GP or Healthline.
- Scan in and sign in and out of our sites.
- Wear a face covering.
- Keep 2 metres apart from others.
- Practice good hygiene - wash your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Other useful information:
- In an EMERGENCY, CALL 111.
- COVID-19 information for New Zealand
- General health advice (0800 611 116)
- COVID-19 health advice (0800 358 5453)
- COVID-19 vaccination advice (0800 28 29 26)
- COVID-19 vaccination information
- My Vaccine Pass
- Preparing to self-isolate
- COVID-19 symptoms
- COVID-19 testing in Canterbury
- What to do if you have COVID-19
- COVID-19 welfare phone line (0800 512 337) Food and essential items, mobile data so you can keep in contact with friends and whānau, support for personal care and daily tasks, talking to your employer if you are worried about leave or pay, mental health support, support with family or sexual violence.
- Foodbanks in Canterbury
- Pātaka Kai free open street pantries
- Financial support
- 1737 - Need to talk? Free call or text 1737 any time, 24 hours a day. You’ll get to talk to (or text with) a trained counsellor. This service is completely free.
- Youthline (0800 37 66 33) Free call for 24/7 support. Free TXT 234 between 8am and midnight. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Māui Clinic @ South City
COVID-19 Vaccine Centre
To make a booking for you and your whānau to be vaccinated against COVID-19, book online at:
The clinic is located in South City Shopping Centre, Shop 15, 555 Colombo Street, Christchurch.
Māui Clinic @ South City is a collaboration between Purapura Whetu, He Waka Tapu and the CDHB (Canterbury District Health Board).
Stories from the community
Memphis & Brooklyn
Wendy chose to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at a marae clinic to help protect her whānau, and explains what the vaccination experience was like for her.
Trish got vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect herself as a vulnerable person living with asthma, and those she comes into contact with through her everyday work.