Call our helpline: 0800 4 WHETU
(0800 4 94388)
Kia haumaru ake te noho ki te kainga - The safest place is at home
Māui Clinic @ South City
The clinic is a collaboration between Purapura Whetu and the CDHB (Canterbury District Health Board).
As of Thursday 28 July 2022: Māui Clinic are now administering Flu Vaccination!
Check your eligibility to receive the Influenza Vaccination for free here.
Make a booking for you and your whānau to be vaccinated against Influenza and COVID-19 at South City Shopping Centre.
What you need to know
Purapura Whetu continues to operate under as below.
- We are accepting new referrals.
- Our sites at 166 St Asaph Street, 160 Woodham Road and the Phillipstown Community Hub are open, as well as our Māui Clinic.
- Our staff can support whānau via face to face, phone, and video calling.
- Our free helpline 0800 4 WHETU is available Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you visit our sites, please follow these guidelines.
- Stay at home if you are unwell and get advice from your GP or Healthline.
- Sign in and out of our sites.
- Practice good hygiene - wash your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Other useful information:
- In an EMERGENCY, CALL 111.
- COVID-19 information for New Zealand
- General health advice (0800 611 116)
- COVID-19 health advice (0800 358 5453)
- COVID-19 vaccination advice (0800 28 29 26)
- COVID-19 vaccination information
- My Vaccine Pass
- Preparing to self-isolate
- COVID-19 symptoms
- COVID-19 testing in Canterbury
- What to do if you have COVID-19
- COVID-19 welfare phone line (0800 512 337) Food and essential items, mobile data so you can keep in contact with friends and whānau, support for personal care and daily tasks, talking to your employer if you are worried about leave or pay, mental health support, support with family or sexual violence.
- Foodbanks in Canterbury
- Pātaka Kai free open street pantries
- Financial support
- 1737 - Need to talk? Free call or text 1737 any time, 24 hours a day. You’ll get to talk to (or text with) a trained counsellor. This service is completely free.
- Youthline (0800 37 66 33) Free call for 24/7 support. Free TXT 234 between 8am and midnight. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kaupapa Māori Health, Mental Health and Social Services
Are you experiencing issues affecting your mental health? Or does someone in your whānau need help?
Our experienced team support whānau to get well, stay well, live well, to reach for the stars and beyond. As a kaupapa Māori provider, we combine clinical, cultural and community support into services that embrace the Māori view of wellbeing.
We offer a range of services at no cost for all ages including:
Latest News and Updates
We’d like to invite the Purapura Whetu community to join us at Hui a Raumati on Tuesday 21st December, to acknowledge and celebrate the journeys of our whānau toward better health and wellbeing. *** EVENT INTO *** Purapura Whetu Whānau Hui a Raumati Tuesday 21 December 2021 11:30am-4pm Waltham Swimming Pool – Pool party –…
"Purapura Whetu is... a space that has welcoming and caring people, so (it's) a place I look forward to going to." - Anonymous
"I am making closer connections with the people I see more frequently, giving me a good sense of well being and starting to feel, in myself, a bit more valued." - Anonymous
..."my life has been tumultuous this year. These groups have been a safe haven." - Anonymous