Call our helpline: 0800 4 WHETU
(0800 4 94388)
Kia haumaru ake te noho ki te kainga - The safest place is at home
Māui Clinic @ South City
Make a booking for you and your whānau to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at South City Shopping Centre.
The clinic is a collaboration between Purapura Whetu, He Waka Tapu and the CDHB (Canterbury District Health Board).
RED - What you need to know
Effective December 2 2021, the traffic light system (COVID-19 Protection Framework) is in place to protect Aotearoa.
Canterbury is currently at RED.
During all traffic light settings, My Vaccine Pass is not required for access to essential health care.
Purapura Whetu continues to operate under RED as below.
- We are accepting new referrals.
- Our sites at 166 St Asaph Street and the Phillipstown Community Hub are open, as well as our Māui Clinic.
- Some group programmes and face to face sessions have been modified or remain cancelled until further notice. Please check back for updates.
- Our staff can support whānau via face to face, phone, and video calling.
- Our free helpline 0800 4 WHETU is available Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you visit our sites, please follow these guidelines.
- Stay at home if you are unwell and get advice from your GP or Healthline about having a test.
- Scan in and sign in and out of our sites.
- Wear a face covering.
- Keep 2 metres apart from others.
- Practice good hygiene - wash your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Kaupapa Māori Health, Mental Health and Social Services
Are you experiencing issues affecting your mental health? Or does someone in your whānau need help?
Our experienced team support whānau to get well, stay well, live well, to reach for the stars and beyond. As a kaupapa Māori provider, we combine clinical, cultural and community support into services that embrace the Māori view of wellbeing.
We offer a range of services at no cost for all ages including:
Latest News and Updates
Purapura Whetu are pleased to announce we are hosting our annual Christmas party! You and your whanau are invited, come along and celebrate all that we have achieved this year. There will be fun activities for kids including a bouncy castle, face painting and delicious kai. We look forward to seeing you there! When: Friday…
"Following the Christchurch earthquakes, I was affected by post-traumatic stress. I struggled with post-natal adjustment and post-natal depression following the birth of my daughter. My relationship fell apart.
My daughter began having problems with anxiety, stress and anger and I became concerned that these issues were keeping her from being the happy, healthy little girl she could be.
In my search for support, I was lucky to find the Purapura Whetu Trust.
With help from the Trust, my daughter is able to work through and understand her feelings in a way that is age-appropriate and fun. She is excited to attend community activities held by the Trust.
The Trust has also helped me understand my role as a mother, and supported me to overcome some of the struggles I face as a busy mum.
The experience has been invaluable to my family. Purapura Whetu has given us the support and advice we need not only survive, but to help us thrive as a family." - Anonymous