Call our helpline: 0800 4 WHETU
(0800 4 94388)
Kia haumaru ake te noho ki te kainga - The safest place is at home
Māui Clinic @ South City
Make a booking for you and your whānau to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at South City Shopping Centre.
The clinic is a collaboration between Purapura Whetu, He Waka Tapu and the CDHB (Canterbury District Health Board).
ALERT LEVEL 2 - What you need to know
Effective 11:59pm Tuesday 7th September 2021, Canterbury will be at Alert Level 2.
Purapura Whetu will continue to operate under Level 2 as below.
- Our sites at 166 St Asaph Street and the Phillipstown Community Hub will re-open.
- Most staff will return to work at our sites and some staff will continue to work remotely.
- All group programmes and face to face sessions remain cancelled for now, unless we notify you otherwise. These will be reintroduced gradually, so check back for updates!
- Staff will continue to support clients via phone and video calling.
- We will offer face to face support in some circumstances and will discuss this with you where applicable.
- We are still accepting new referrals.
- Our free helpline 0800 4 WHETU is available Mon to Fri 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Please find below a list of other support services you may find helpful during this time.
If you visit our sites, please follow these guidelines.
- Stay at home if you are unwell and get advice from your GP or Healthline about having a test.
- Scan in and sign in and out of our sites.
- Wear a face covering.
- Keep 2 metres apart from others.
- Practice good hygiene - wash your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow.
Kaupapa Māori Health, Mental Health and Social Services
Are you experiencing issues affecting your mental health? Or does someone in your whānau need help?
Our experienced team support whānau to get well, stay well, live well, to reach for the stars and beyond. As a kaupapa Māori provider, we combine clinical, cultural and community support into services that embrace the Māori view of wellbeing.
We offer a range of services at no cost for all ages including:
"Following the Christchurch earthquakes, I was affected by post-traumatic stress. I struggled with post-natal adjustment and post-natal depression following the birth of my daughter. My relationship fell apart.
My daughter began having problems with anxiety, stress and anger and I became concerned that these issues were keeping her from being the happy, healthy little girl she could be.
In my search for support, I was lucky to find the Purapura Whetu Trust.
With help from the Trust, my daughter is able to work through and understand her feelings in a way that is age-appropriate and fun. She is excited to attend community activities held by the Trust.
The Trust has also helped me understand my role as a mother, and supported me to overcome some of the struggles I face as a busy mum.
The experience has been invaluable to my family. Purapura Whetu has given us the support and advice we need not only survive, but to help us thrive as a family." - Anonymous