Transition to Adulthood Support Service
- Young people aged 17-21
- Transitioning from care or youth justice system to adulthood
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free service
A service co-designed by young people themselves, to support them to successfully transition from statutory care and youth justice to adulthood.
This service ensures young people who are exiting a care service have access to day-to-day support from someone who cares as they learn to navigate independent living skills, the possibilities of vocational studies, employment and long-term wellbeing.
Our relationship based transition service is available to young people aged 17-21 years.
Young people will receive support from someone who respects them, won’t give up on them and will enhance their culture and identity.
This service assists young people to:
- Find and negotiate accommodation that is appropriate to their wishes and needs.
- Access the services they need.
- Receive practical support to develop the skills and knowledge needed to manage their lives after care.
- Emotional support to learn from their mistakes and continue to develop.
- Be informed about and receive their entitlements.